The VA loan is one of the best mortgage programs in the country. You earn this opportunity with your service to our country in the Armed Forces. As a veteran who meets the VA eligibility requirements, you should take advantage of a VA home loan.
A VA loan will give you these benefits:
- 100% financing: no down payment required.
- VA funding fee is financeable (veterans with a 10% or greater disability are exempt from this fee).
- No PMI (private mortgage insurance) or MIP (mortgage insurance premium).
- Government backed, so the interest rate is low.
- Closing costs are standardized (the seller can pay the closing costs).
- There are no reserves required.
- It a 30-year fixed-rate program.
- There are no restrictions on gift funds.
- Nontraditional credit histories are considered.
- Blemished credit is often workable.
- New or existing construction is acceptable.
- It’s not limited to first-time home buyers.
- There are never any prepayment penalties.
- One- to four-unit homes are eligible.
There are some common beliefs regarding VA loans that are not true.
Myth: VA loans are hard to qualify for.
Truth: Actually, the VA loan program is more lenient on credit issues and other risk factors that most mortgage programs won’t consider.
Myth: VA appraisers are more difficult to deal with and particular than other appraisers.
Truth: The VA property standards are like those of other government programs, with a few exceptions. The VA appraisal process protects the veteran from a property that might be structurally unsound, have health issues or safety issues, or have questionable value.
Myth: VA interest rates are higher than those of other loans.
Truth: In actuality, because of their backing from the government, VA loans often have lower interest rates than even conventional loans.
If you are a veteran and believe you meet the eligibility requirements for the VA, please contact Charley at (603) 471-9300 or Apply for VA Loan to get started with rates and information.
Your information will be kept completely private.
We have originated more than 1/2 billion dollars of real estate loans to thousands of NH property owners and Veterans and are happy to share our experience and expertise with you.