When Realtors© and mortgage lenders have a good relationship, transactions go smoothly.
We have cultivated incredible working relationships with some of the best Realtors© in NH. Far too often we’ve heard horror stories from Realtors that have stemmed from poor working relationships with mortgage lenders. For example, a homebuyer’s financing gets delayed and they have already given notice to their landlord. The seller for the same property has already moved their belongings into storage, and now both are in situations where one is homeless and the other has unforeseen expenses. Even writing this, I can still hear the pain and frustration in their voices!
Have these stories made us better mortgage loan officers? Definitely! For the purchase of a new home to happen in a smooth and timely manner, the Realtor and lender need to work together. Communication and execution of the details can make or break a home sale. We’ve also learned a few simple lessons that make a big difference to our borrowers and their Realtors:
- Refer to every mortgage by the borrower’s name, not a loan number.
- Respond promptly to emails, normally same day, and regularly check emails on weekends.
- Provide a cell phone number for night and weekend questions that need an immediate response.
- Make sure real people answer the phones during office hours, not machines.
- Be proactive so borrowers have the confidence to secure movers and give landlords notice before the closing.
- Communicate regularly with both our borrowers and realtors to ensure a smooth process and a great home buying experience!
We have been doing business in New Hampshire for more than 25 years and have developed many great relationships with Realtors throughout the state, helping homebuyers find the best home with the right financing.